Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Check out this stack

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Check out this stack

    Saw these on the auction site.

    Was impressed.....curious as to how stacked 19's would sound....

    Usual disclaimer applies,, IE, no affiliation etc....

    Altec Model 19 (four great sounding two way monitors) - eBay (item 220377000972 end time Mar-17-09 12:47:31 PDT)



    -chris

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Check out this stack

    Interesting. I've never seen or heard stacked 19's before. Although I have just one pair....I'm not so sure I'd do that long term......as an experiment sure. No doubt it took at least two guys to do that!

    I can see in the pics......it looks as though he has placed a pad of some kind in between the stack to protect the finish.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Check out this stack


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Check out this stack

    They are at least properly stacked with the horns together.

    Not sure if it is a good idea. The HF horns coupling will narrow the vertical and widen the horizontal. Why we always carried 45x60 in SR, you could stack with the horns both straight ahead for a deep house, and splay a bit for a wider house.

    Stacking does generate comb filtering issues, as I understand the wider the horn pattern to begin with the more pronounced this is. I may not be wording that correctly. GM would be the authority on those effects...I'm a mechanic not an engineer.

    If mine, I would set them up as front/rears.

    Not that bad a deal. though I think he is a bit high, it is 4 matching with 802G's which I like....

    In the right situation I would jump all over it. However, to avoid the redhead jumping all over me...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Check out this stack

    1111v1122

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Check out this stack

    I have 817's with 604 HNLP's. They seem to produce the low stand up bass notes with fully. I am not sure whether it is the cabs or the drivers but they give me all of the low end that I could want.

    im N

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Check out this stack

    This "stack" makes me curious about something.
    A few years back I remember reading a copy of an old review out of High Fidelity magazine on the Nineteens......while the article gave a very positive review on the speakers, it indicated that running two pairs at once off the same amp could be bad for the amp...or not a good idea. Anyone know why this is?

    Their advice recommended in NOT doing it, yet guys like this do it apparently with no problems. My brother can run both his pairs with no problem.


    Russ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.